From your School Council:
As October comes to a close, we will be wrapping up our Donation Drive. If you are still interested in supporting our Playground – we need $25000 more to reach our goal. Donations are still being accepted until the end of the month. You can donate on cash online or by sending a cheque or cash to the school.
Thank you to everyone for your support. We are very excited!
Family Movie Night is coming! Please see the attached flyer for more information.
This week we have our FIRST Character Matters & Touchstone recognition assembly.
In addition, this week is Community Character Week across York Region. At German Mills, we pride ourselves on having good character. This week, the theme is “Random Acts of Character”. We will be learning about how people show good character all week in our classrooms. When a teacher spots a student showing good character throughout the day, we will honour them by sharing their ‘random act of character’ over the announcements. Thank-you for your ongoing support!
If you are available to come and help- our volunteers would love some more volunteers… thank you Freedom Outdoors for volunteering and to the Jurima Family for your donations!!
Healthy Smiles Ontario is a FREE dental program for eligible children to age 17. Good oral health is important to the overall health of children and youth. It’s very important that your child starts seeing a dentist beginning at 12 months of age, and that they keep going regularly. Healthy Smiles Ontario provides free preventative, routine, and emergency dental services. Please be aware that dental issues are not always associated with pain or discomfort.
For information, including how to apply, go to http://www.ontario.ca/healthysmiles
OR visit your local Public Health Unit.
On October 20th it is Spirit Day across Ontario. This day supports anti-bullying against people in the LGBTQ community. Please send your child wearing PURPLE to acknowledge that German Mills P.S doesn’t condone bullying of any kind. Thank-you for your ongoing support.
Good Morning Mavericks! There are a number of things to remind you about this week…
- Some of our Cross Country Runners are off to the Regional Meet today – Go Mavs!
- Green Thumbs – please join us Friday morning to help garden…rain or shine.
- This Thursday
- Nutritionist presentation for parents at 6:00p.m. in the library (babysitting and light snacks provided)
- School Council meeting in the library at 7:00 p.m. (babysitting provided)
- please see the agenda on the School Council tab of the Blog
- Thornlea SS Parent Night for Grade 8’s at 6:30 at Thornlea (as per the notice sent home)
- WEAR Purple! In support of the anti-bullying movement for the LGBTQ community
- October 26th – our first Character Matters/Touchstone assembly of the year
- Next week is RANDOM ACTS of KINDNESS week – stay tuned for details
- November 3- Family Movie Night
- Donation Drive is still open – please consider supporting our Playground Fund and get a tax receipt! Cash Online, Cheque or Cash are all fine.