We have had a great week here at GMPS! All of our Mavericks have been hard at work and play. There are a number of things to share and reminders to be given, so please see below for a look back and the week and a look ahead to next week.
The Hour of Code – All Primary students and a number of our older students participated in the Hour of Code. We spent Thursday morning learning about coding and trying out our skills. The kids were all engaged and had a great time. It was a learning experience that we are looking forward to repeating.
Concert Band – Our Intermediate Concert Band participated in a concert at Thornlea Secondary School on Wednesday night and did a fantastic job. It was a great opportunity to practice and showcase what we have been working on. The band is looking forward to other presentations and to participating in Music Alive!
Holiday Heroes – We continue to collect non-perishable foods and new toys for those who need our support this holiday season.
Hot Lunch and Milk Orders – Pizza, sub and milk orders are currently open on Cash Online. If you would like to order any of these items for January to March, please log on to Cash Online as the deadline is fast approaching.
Grade 8’s to Thornlea – We had an amazing morning at Thornlea today. Students experienced a math class and also spent time in the ACAM program classes doing drama, art and production. Thank you to Thornlea for hosting us!
- Bookfair in the library all week
- Cookie Dough and QSP orders for pick-up on Thursday Dec 15th
- School Concert on December 15th at 6:30 p.m. – admission cost is an item of non-perishable food or a new toy
- Fundraising Update – We have raised almost $2200 towards our Fundraising Plan and $3000 towards the Playground this year. Thank you for your on-going support.
- Spirit Wear – will hopefully arrive the end of the week – stay tuned!