There are a number of things that we wanted to remind you about as we bid farewell to January and welcome in February!
- Tomorrow is Pam Feldbergs last day, so if you haven’t had a chance to wish her well and would like to, please take a moment tomorrow
- Tomorrow is our Character Matters Assembly and Touchstone Assembly at 2:00 p.m.
- Tomorrow is the LAST and FINAL day to order Maverick Spirit Wear for this school year, so if you want something, please place your order on Cash Online
- The school calendar is linked on the homepage of the Blog – it is the last tab at the top – you need to open the Blog to access it, not just click on the email alert for a post
- This Friday is a PA Day and there is no school for students – our teachers will be spending the morning together delving deeper into the Comprehensive Math Program
- Kindergarten registrations are still rolling in so if you know anyone with a child born in 2013 in our area, please remind them to register
- MOVIE NIGHT – is Thursday Night!!! We can’t wait to see you there
Last week we had an incredible presentation on helping our children deal with anxieties. If you missed it, or if you were there and wanted the notes, Dr. Eban Ezra has given her summary notes. Please see the attached. Thank you School Council for organizing such a helpful presentation.
Our Junior Volleyball is having an incredible day at the Area Tournament. Go Mavs!
From your School Council, please see the attached flyer regarding Karate at Lunch time.
Click on this link to RSVP if you are planning to attend our Parent Session. Childcare will be provided.
Due to the on-going freezing rain, the YRDSB has cancelled school buses and taxi service this morning and this afternoon. The school remains open! Please be careful on the roads and if you are walking make sure to give traffic the extra time to stop.
It is with mixed emotions that I write to inform you that Mrs. Feldberg is retiring. She has given tirelessly of herself to students, staff and families across York Region for over 36 years and has made an impact on all that have had the fortune of knowing her. Mrs. Feldberg has worked at German Mills for 16 years and has taught most grades – either as a Homeroom Teacher or as a Special Education Resource Teacher. I know that Mrs. Feldberg did not make this decision lightly and although she will miss us, a wonderful new journey awaits her in her retirement. Her last day with us will be on January 31st, 2017. I invite you to wish her well as she transitions to this next phase in life. I know she will be dearly missed in this community.
FRIDAY Jan 13th is a Mavericks Spirit Day! If you have GMPS clothing or if you just want to wear our school colours… tomorrow is for you! Show your spirit. Go Mavs!!!!
Thank you SO much for all you do to support us here at GMPS – not just financially, but through volunteering and supporting our in school and after school initiatives.
This year we ran a Donation Drive to support the building of our Playground. Our goal was $28,000 so that we could have our Playground this Spring and we still have a long way to go. The Donation has got us started, with $4107.75 raised. With the school contributions and last years contributions we are now roughly $18,000 short of our final amount. We will be having a Dance A Thon later this year and proceeds from that will go to the Playground Fund. We continue to issue tax receipts for any donations to the school. If you would like more information about the Playground, please speak to our School Council and the Playground Committee. You can email Council at email@example.com
Our Cookie Dough Fundraiser was a HUGE success! We raised a total of $2745.08 and hope that everyone is happily enjoying thier product. This money is in the School Council account and will be used to support the Fundraising Plan. New Phys.Ed equipment, Movie Night License, XDance, Technology, Bussing for trips and our Music Program are some of the areas that this money will go towards. For more information, please join us at our School Council Meetings or connect with our Council at firstname.lastname@example.org
WE ARE SO THANKFUL FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT! GO MAVERICKS!!!