**hardcopy letter will be coming home with youngest and only children**
Dear GMPS Families,
This year, May 19th is Food Revolution Day and Seanna Thomas, Holistic Nutritionist and German Mills Parent, has volunteered to do some fun challenges involving all the kids AND YOU that are focused on healthy eating initiatives. Food Revolution Day is part of the movement to educate and change how we approach nutrition and food. It is a global movement and more information can be found online at http://www.jamiesfoodrevolution.org. This year the focus is on Junk Food Marketing to Kids.
Here at GMPS, we will be posting fun and easy challenges on the GMPS blog. The more you participate, the more chances your kids will have to win some awesome prizes including Treetop Trekking, SkyZone, MamaEarth Organics and more! Make sure you’re subscribed to the blog for all the info! https://germanmillsps.com
(you have the week to complete once details and recipes are posted)
- Monday, April 24th: Infused Water Challenge
- Monday May 1st: Pasta Salad Challenge (You’ll be receiving allergen-free pasta)
- Monday May 8th: Food Revolution Challenge
In order to be eligible to win a prize, you’ll need to complete the challenge and show evidence in one of the following ways:
- Show your teacher your participation by bringing it to school (infused water, pasta salad etc)
- Posting a picture on one of twitter, facebook, or instagram with hashtag #nutritionnaire @GermanMillsPS
- Sending an email with photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seanna will be drawing for prizes at the assembly May 19th. Parents are welcome to attend. Please note that every student will receive a prize, but the grand prize winners are limited to those who complete and show evidence of the challenges.
For any further questions, please contact the school or Seanna Thomas at email@example.com