As I sit and plan for the coming weeks, I am energized to think of all that is planned! There are many exciting things going on and we are OPTIMISTIC that the rain will cooperate and stay away when we need it to. We certainly are blessed to be surrounded by such lucious green park space, but I think we are excited about the sunshine too!
The rain has delayed the Playground installation by yet another week, but it won’t put a damper on the plans we have for this week. Rain or shine, the Mavericks will be learning and playing hard! Check out our Google Calendar (Tab at the top) to remind yourself of all of these dates.
- Tomorrow – Round the Bend Farm trip for K-3
- June 7-9 – Muskoka Woods Trip, Grade 8’s (refer to your packing list and other documents)
- June 8 – Grades 4-7 to St. Elizabeth’s for Dance Performance
- June 13 – Junior Area Track and Field (raindate June 15)
- June 14 – Intermediate Area Track and Field (raindate June 16)
- June 13 – 7B to Swan Lake
- June 14 – Grade 2 to Swan Lake
- June 15 – Grade 4 to Swan Lake
- June 16 – 7A to Swan Lake
- June 16 – Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast 8:30-9:30 a.m. (invitations to be sent home)
- June 21 – Regional Track and Field
- June 27 – Primary Play Day / Grade 8 Graduation
- June 29 – 1/2 Day Early Release, last day of classes
Still to book is the Character Matters Assembly and potentially a Playground Opening BBQ.
There are a few Dance a Thon prizes still to be completed – the 1/2 day of no classes as one of them. Due to the rain, we have struggled to find a date, SO, teachers are going to be working with their own classes and grades to accommodate this time. I am also carefully monitoring the weather to make good on my promise to head to the roof!
Have a look at some of our Track and Field photos! It was a great day!