We have a lot to be thankful for here at German Mills. Your contributions to Fundraising has helped build way more than our Fantastic Playground! Here are some of the things we have been able to purchase with our fundraising dollars over the last year (pictures attached). Thank you for your ongoing support. We will continue to keep you updated!
- musical instruments
- laptops, Ipads, chrome books, charging stations and other technology
- variety of flexible seating and work stations to meet the needs of all learners
- gym equipment
- glass basketball backboards
- science and art materials
- Mavericks Jerseys
- MakerSpace materials
- SMART boards for almost every classroom
- Risers for the gym
- support for graduation, field trips, healthy snack program
- X Movement / X Dance
Hey Mavericks! As we look ahead this week, there are some reminders for everyone to take note of. We are still working hard here at school, so anticipate that there will still be homework coming home and projects still underway!
- If you are leaving early for the holidays, please let the office know by calling the school and leaving a message or speaking with Mrs. Mueller or Mrs. Whitfield.
- Thank you for your support of the Bookfair. We raised $3191.25 which will support our library and our Makerspace.
- There are 2 days left to order Spirit Wear. If you are interested, please visit this link to purchase. SPIRIT WEAR ORDERING
- We are encouraging students to bring home winter clothes for the holidays (snowpants etc) so please help by reminding your children as well.
- Lost and Found is still out on the tables – have a look to see if anything belongs to you – anything left will be donated next week.
- Reminder for Inclement Weather Days – the school will be open, but buses will not run. If your child is a bus student, check Twitter, the Blog or http://www.schoolbuscity.com for any information you require.
- Lunch and Milk orders are due this week for January to March.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Your support of the food drive has helped to provide 92 families in need in Thornhill. More specifically, the food drive we supported served 280 adults, 116 teens and 114 children this year. Your efforts on our behalf have helped make the holiday season a little brighter for those families in need of our generosity and kindness.
Way to go GMPS!
Hello GMPS Families,
This is a reminder that Lunch Programs (Pizza, Milk and Subs) are available now to pre-order for the January-March time frame.
Please place your orders at School Cash Online by Wednesday, December 20. Click here to order: https://yrdsb.schoolcashonline.com/
Copies of the order forms are attached below, in case you need one, but we do encourage everyone to use our online ordering through School Cash, if possible.
Milk Form-WINTER 2018
Pizza Forms WINTER 2018
Sub Order Forms -WINTER 2018
It takes a village… and this village has come through again! Thank you to everyone for your generous donations to support our Thornhill community. Our food items will be picked up in the morning to be taken for sorting and distribution. We will continue to work with our students on what it means to be a local and global citizen. If you or someone you know is in need this holiday season or at any time, please speak to Ms .Cameron in confidence so that we can assist where we are able.
Thank you everyone!
Check out the electric hockey atmosphere inside the Maverick Arena as the Congee Cup Playoffs continue. Team 2 a.k.a the Miracle has already advanced to the finals. Meanwhile Team 1 and 3 will play a decisive game 3 on Friday to determine who will continue their quest for the Congee Cup!
Parents of the final teams are welcome to join us for the best of 3 final!
Cookie Dough has ARRIVED! We are organized and ready for you to pick up cookie dough. We will be here from now until after the concert tonight so you can come by the Parking Lot entrance of the school to get your cookie dough.
The concert is tonight! Students are to arrive prior to the start of the concert and head to their rooms. We will begin the concert at 6:45 p.m. We are asking families to bring a non-perishable food item on their way in.
The Book Fair will be open tonight!