Good Morning Mavericks!
As we move from March into April and acknowledge that Spring may finally be here…there are some updates/information we wanted to share.
- Reminder that there is no school on Friday March 30th or Monday April 2. We will be back to class on April 3rd.
- Playground – as previously noted, part of our playground is in need of repair and is closed until next week when we can get the proper fasteners to repair it. Please continue to stay off the rubber ramps until you get the ‘all clear’ from the school.
- Grade 8’s – we held an information session last week regarding graduation and end of year items. A lime green letter also went home. Please contact the school with questions.
- Edsby – you are AMAZING!!!! Thank you for your attempts and successes with reporting lates, absences and holidays with the app. We are doing a great job!
- Dance a Thon – we raised a total of $7042.15. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! You have helped us make some much needed purchases as we plan for our new tarmac and our learning in the classrooms. Students and Staff are slowly connecting to manage the prizes from our incredible raffle.
- This Summer – if you haven’t heard…we are getting our tarmac re-paved this summer (and thanks to the Dance a Thon, some new nets) AND we are getting new flooring in all the classes, hallways, library, gym and stage this summer. We are SO excited for this major refresh. Students are going to be helping design our outdoor spaces where possible. Keep watching the blog for updates and for input requests.
Upcoming Dates: (refer to the Calendar Tab on our homepage)
- April 4 – Jump Rope for Heart
- April 4 – Parent Symposium for those who registered
- April 12 – School Council
- April 27 – Lice Checks
- April 30 – Immunizations for Grade 7 & 8
- In May – Family Tech Night, Council, Family Sports Night with Aussie X, Movie Night and more!