The early part of this week is promising to be a hot one! Please send your children to school in light clothing and with a hat, sunscreen and re-fillable water bottle. It would be helpful to apply the first round of sunscreen at home before school.
When it gets this hot at school, we follow a hot weather action plan that includes such things as;
- Unnecessary lights off and blinds closed
- Fans on
- Multiple opportunities to hydrate
- Working in shaded areas outside or cooler areas in the building
- Reducing physical exertion
- Monitoring for signs of heat related illness
Stay Cool Mavs!