Keeping students safe in our school parking lot
Many elementary schools offer a Kiss N’ Ride program, where parents/guardians can drop off and pick up their children at a designated area on school property. The program was established to provide a convenient and safe option for our students and parents driving to school. To ensure the safety of staff and students, we ask all parents/guardians to be mindful of the following guidelines:
- There is no parking and no waiting in the Kiss and Ride lane. Pay attention to the traffic in front of you and pull forward as cars move forward. If you choose to park in the parking lot, please escort your child to or from the nearest foot patroller and use the main crosswalk.
- Vehicles entering the Kiss N’ Ride lane must stay in the designated lane, unless otherwise directed by a staff member or volunteer.
- The Kiss N’ Ride program is only available to students who are able to disembark independently.
- Have your child ready to exit the car when you reach the curb. Students may only exit from the passenger (right) side of the vehicle.
- After picking up or dropping off your child, leave promptly so that others can get in behind you.
- If your child is not waiting for you in the Kiss and Ride area at the end of the day, please circle the parking lot, if permitted, and rejoin the line or park in a designated parking space to wait.
- Always respect traffic flow and abide all traffic laws and signs.
Thank you for your attention to this important safety issue!
A Reminder that Picture Day is tomorrow – remember to bring your smile!
Primary Presentations (Grade 1 – Grade 2/3) will take place in your child’s classroom from 6:00-6:30, and 6:30-7:00.
Junior Presentation (Grade 3/4- Grade 5/6) will begin in the Library at 6:00, and then parents can proceed to their child’s respective classrooms.
Intermediate Presentations (Grade 6/7- Grade 8) will begin in the Gym at 6:00, and then parents can proceed to their child’s respective classrooms
Please take a moment to read this message from our Director, regarding the Every Student Counts Survey
September 30, 2018 is Orange Shirt day; as this falls on a Sunday, the staff and students at German Mills will be wearing an orange shirt on Friday, September 28, 2018, to recognize the resiliency and bravery of Residential School Survivors.
It’s that time of year again, for our highly anticipated Cookie Dough Drive! Our representative, McKenna, will be in on Monday October 1st, to launch this fundraiser.
Good news! Colibri Fundraiser (eco friendly lunch and snack bags) has been extended to September 21.
September 24 – P.A. Day – No School for Students
September 27 – Picture Day – Remember to smile!
September 27 – School Council at 7:00 – help us elect our new council members! All parents are welcome; please let us know in advance if you require childcare
September 28 – Terry Fox Walk at 2:30 – This year our school has a goal of raising $1,500.00 or $5 a student. Let’s raise $5.00 for Fox!
Save the date! October 4 is Curriculum Night. We look forward to seeing you from 6:00-7:00. More details will follow . . .