After weeks of planning and secret meetings with Ms. Breda, the Grade 4/5 students successfully pulled off a surprise baby shower for Mrs. Ferrari.
“Thank you to all the students, families, teachers, staff and everyone involved in today’s surprise! My heart is so full!” -Keshia Ferrari
We are still going ahead with our BBQ. Watching the weather radar it looks like the rain will be finished by 5:30… but we will be able to eat in the gym if it does continue.
See you for dinner!!
We hope you had a spectacular weekend and enjoyed some time in the sunshine. This week is a busy one.
- Kicking off with a Colour House Assembly on Monday – so wear your colour and get ready to cheer!
- Farewell BBQ from 5:30-7:30 MONDAY- come when you can. We will be showing off our Colour House cheers while trying to keep cool at the same time!!
- Community clean- up has been moved to Tuesday in hopes of cooler temperatures.
- Tuesday at 9:15 am is our final Character Assembly for this school year
- Regional Track and Field is all day Tuesday and we have a few students representing us. Go Mavs!
- Wednesday- we are welcoming our Bayview Glen students for the day to do some community building before they arrive and officially join the Mavericks
- Grade 8’s have pizza day on Wednesday and Thursday this week to make up for one we missed while at Muskoka Woods
- FRIDAY- there are a few Field Trips happening and Markham Fire is coming to hose us down…. send a towel!
Have a great week!!!
The early part of this week is promising to be a hot one! Please send your children to school in light clothing and with a hat, sunscreen and re-fillable water bottle. It would be helpful to apply the first round of sunscreen at home before school.
When it gets this hot at school, we follow a hot weather action plan that includes such things as;
- Unnecessary lights off and blinds closed
- Fans on
- Multiple opportunities to hydrate
- Working in shaded areas outside or cooler areas in the building
- Reducing physical exertion
- Monitoring for signs of heat related illness
Stay Cool Mavs!
On Monday, all of the students will be participating in our last colour house assembly for this school year! At the BBQ in the evening we hope to share our awesome colour house cheers with our German Mills community.
We are asking everyone to wear their colour to show their proud support for their team! We will be continuing the colour house teams next year. Go Mavericks!
**The garbage clean up has been moved to Tuesday**
On Monday, students at GMPS will help clean up their community. Please send one plastic bag with your child to school. Thank you for your support!
Hello GMPS Community,
With our end of year celebration and BBQ fast approaching (Monday, June 18), this note is to remind you that today is the last day to order dinner combos for the BBQ. Please log in to Cash Online to place your orders